I decided to use AJAX calls to get the browser to make keep-alive calls every 2 minutes (using setInterval) and somehow stumbled into an issue where it makes the call once, and then stops. After talking the Javascript and Flash god in the office, we found out that it was because the script goes out of scope and thus stops looping as it should.

A quick fix for this can be found here. It’s been working for me without any adverse effects since. ;)

Static website hosting with continuous deployment/delivery

While I was researching on static web hosting with Jekyll, one of the most suggested ways to get it up and running for free is by relying...… Continue reading